13-Year-Old Boy Accused of Making Bomb Hoaxes, Shutting Schools

Six schools were closed due to a 13-year-old boy’s string of bomb hoaxes.¬†

According to police, the adolescent was taken into custody on Wednesday in Southampton, Hampshire, in relation to the bomb threats.

The bomb scares were communicated to six city schools’ principals, prompting the closure or evacuation of students. Yesterday morning, several school principals notified parents via email not to send their children to school, and other schools were even forced to evacuate their students.

The threats impacted six schools: Bitterne Park School, Regents Park Community College, St. Anne’s Catholic Girl’s School, Banister Park School, Weston Secondary School, and Saint George Catholic College.

Bitterne Park assistant principal Stewart Roderick told parents that they were just dealing with a site incident at school. Until they provided parents with further information, they were requested not to send their kids to school.

The school reception received a bomb threat around 8:15 in the morning, according to Saint George’s headteacher James Habberley, who informed parents.

The school building was evacuated to guarantee the safety and well-being of all the students. Mr. Habberley informed the press that the police had conducted a site visit and verified the bomb threat was false.

The mother of a seventh-grader and a ninth-grader at Saint George’s School stated she got a text message from her son that said there had been a bomb threat at the school. To make sure everything was alright, she got dressed and drove straight over like any parent would.

The superintendent of the Southampton District, Phil Lamb, said they understood the worry and concern that the bomb scare news would have caused in the community‚ÄĒespecially among the students and the parents of those affected. Lamb added that the event obviously affected many people in the neighborhood. Lamb said the good news is that their officers swiftly determined that the threats were not genuine, and they notified the school administrators as soon as possible so they could reassure their students even more.

The superintendent thanked everyone for their patience and cooperation during their inquiries and investigations.